first build, need help really fast please

Status
Not open for further replies.

quartz01

In Runtime
hey all,
for the first time i am building a computer from scratch. its for my moms x-gift. its a 1.6ghz duron, 256mb pc2100 kingston valueRam, 16mb Tnt2 Pro and a PCChips M811LU. i know, not very impressive but its for surfing the web and typing and its a huge improvement over here pI 133mhz w/ 16mb ram.

anyways i am about to install the mobo and i am unsure about how to go about doing it. there are 7 holes in the mobo to screw into the case and i have 11 washers. i have those brass things that you screw into the case and there head is open for an other screw. so do i put the washer between that and the bottom of the mother or do i put the washer between the screw that goes through the motherboard and into that weird open screw thats screwed into the case. or do i put a washer between both???

my god, i just said screw alot. thanks alot. i have read a couple guides and i am not sure and don't want to mess anything up. if you noticed i said that i needed help sooon in the head it, it is because i am going to my moms house soon and need to have it done before then

i don't think you need those washers... just look at the board and see where the screw holes are. put those gold color open end things where the board mounts in the config your board is in. hope this makes sense....

those 'gold color open end things' are called spacers. Install the screws into each of the spacers underneath, through the board and the washers(if you used them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom