Making A Custom Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuzzyhair said:
I am planning on making a keyboard for my internet poker-addicted dad. All I want on it are a F1, F2, and F3 Button. How would i do this. I have never done anything like this and i think it would be a great project.
Thanks

I'm not sure but, take a keyboard, open it, take the peice that there is near the num lock caps lock scroll lock light and take the plastic thing that all keys connection goes on it, cut it and just leave the f1 f2 f3 but, be careful not to cut the connection to the f1 f2 f3 to the thing near the num pad.

I think it would work, if im wrong someone just tell me.

It might work if the circuits dont go through more then 1 key before returning to the main part. Also, how would you cut the casing to make it look good and hold they keys?

Well first you cant get parts and throw them togather and get a keyboard. The only way left is editing a keyboard, without braking it. This would be very hard, but one good aspect about a keyboard is that if a button dont work, then that button alone is purged.

Maybe you could fold the plasic part (?) without breaking it , then just have the 3 buttons on the top layer. You might need to stick some cardboard or something in between folds to prevent short circuiting. I have no idea how well this would work.

Just remembered that the metal part has to touch the bottim of the plastic. You'd have to put foil on top of the cardboard between layers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom