Two problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksenate78

Baseband Member
all right. whenever i try to load a game such as ut04, i get these messages "Delayed Write Failed" and it will list the file it could not save and the data has been lost. This has put me in the hole 30 bucks with ut04 and this is not the only game it does this with, it did it when i was copying music from a cd-rw to my pc.

wtf?

problem 2:

my 3.5 disk drive is being a punk. it wishes to not read any disks i place into it. i have all the connectors in and they're secure. the green light of my disk drive is ALWAYS on yet when i put in a disk and try to open it, the message of "Please insert a disk into Drive A:" appears.

please help!

=D

CAUSE
This issue may be caused if any of the following conditions exist:
• The "Enable write caching on the disk" feature for your disk is turned on.
• Your Ultra Direct Memory Access (UDMA) hard disk controller is configured in either of the following ways:
• You are using a 40-wire connector cable to connect the UDMA drive to the controller instead of the required 80-wire, 40-pin cable.
• Your BIOS settings are configured to force faster UDMA modes.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue:
1. Make sure that your UDMA hard disk controller is using an 80-wire, 40-pin cable. For information about how to do so, view the documentation that is included with your computer, or contact your UDMA hard disk controller manufacturer. Test to determine if the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, do not complete the remaining steps. If the issue is not resolved, go to the next step.
2. Warning Do not change your BIOS settings unless you are very familiar with all the effects of changing BIOS settings.

Make sure that your BIOS settings are not configured to force faster UDMA modes. For information about how to do so, view the documentation that is included with your computer, or contact your computer manufacturer. Test to determine if the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, do not complete the remaining steps. If the issue is not resolved, go to the next step.
3. Turn off the "Enable write caching on the disk" feature:

Note If you turn off the "Enable write caching on the disk" feature, your disk performance may decrease. Because of this, you may want to monitor system performance after you complete the following procedure.
a. In Windows Explorer, right-click your hard-disk, and then click Properties.
b. Click the Hardware tab.
c. Click the hard disk, and then click Properties.
d. Click the Policies tab.
e. Click to clear the Enable write caching on the disk check box, and then click OK two times.
f. Repeat steps c-e for each hard disk that is installed in your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom