poor game quality on new PC - help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrblack

Beta member
I have a new system and last night I decided to install Half Life: Blue Shift just for kicks (old times sake) but when I started to play ,the graphics quality was very poor. Kind of pixelated and just not nearly what I expected. Here are my specs:

P4 3.2 GHZ

512 MB DDR SDRAM 3200

160 GB HD

Radeon 9200SE 128MB graphics card

19" LCD monitor

I used to play this game on an 800MHZ AMD with a GEForce 3Ti200 and it was better quality (at least from what I remember). I tried to go into the video card settings (properties/setttings/advanced/etc.) and messed with settings on the OpenGL and Direct3D tabs, but nothing helped. Any ideas of what could be happening? I know I have a sh*tty video card, but it should at least be *better* than the old GeForce 3Ti200 right???

Help!

You have correctly identified the video card as part of the problem. SE versions are not very gamer friendly. Also some of the less exspensive LCD's are problematic with games. Those two together could be your poor gaming performance.

you definitely need a better graphics card and along with that i would upgrade to a gig or ram. that game may not need it but most other new games do.

You do need a better vid. card, I reccomend AGP 6600GT i'ts only 229 bucks on buy.com, but you should still play Half Life 1 with good quality. Just go to options, video/display options and turn the resolution higher and all the rest of the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom