Brand Laptop vs. Non-Brand Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbcao2004

Baseband Member
Brand Laptop vs. Non-Brand Laptop

I am deciding to get a new or used laptop for school. It is mostly for internet, word processing, and chatting. I am willing to pay around 1000 Can for the laptop.

I am not sure if laptop with a brand name is better than a laptop with no brand name. But one thing for sure, those Dell, Compaq, IBMÂ… are much more expansive than the ones with no brand.

Can you guys list some of the advantages and the disadvantages of both Brand and Non-Brand laptop?

I really need you guysÂ’ help.

Thank you.

Well, I am looking at a two of the laptop and they are almost the same in price (both new), one of them is a IBM and another one is non brand. The warranty is the same as well, 2 years. But the non brand one has 512 memory, and 80GHz while the brand one only have 256 memory and 60GHz, but the IBM have something called anti-shock harddrive.

Well, while IBM's are DAMN nice, they are also VERY expensive for systems with little extras:rolleyes:

I personally would say to stay away from an IBM:(

Acer make fine laptops for reasonable prices, as do Dell, though I prefer Acer as I have two:)

What is the name of your non-brand:confused:

doesnt matter..its all about warranty, warranty, warranty! Pay the extra for the extended warranty, warranty, warranty! haha..I am usually all about ignoring warranties, but laptops are sooo propritary (sp?) that it will always cost more to replace a mobo, cpu, display, + labor..than paying extra now for a warranty. Its not easy like a desktop where I always reccomend saving money and not getting an extended warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom