wmp9

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
my windows media player's little slider time thing that goes across the bottom is frozen. when i play a movie (avi, mpeg etc) it just stays at the beginning the whole time while it plays so i cant fast forward or rewind and if i do click on it it takes right back to the beginning of the movie and then i cant fast forward. ive tried completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it, that didnt work. its wmp 9 and i dont want wmp10 cuz it sucks alot and messed my machine up before. please help me fix it

thanks

yes ive tried different types, ive also played ones now that worked fine before this happened so i know its the player and not the movies unless they all became corrupted or something somehow

neversleeps,

Surely a codec problem. Find an WMP codec update if available and install it . [ try ace mega codec pack or VLN .. they play EVERYTHING]

ace codec pack worked for now, i was kinda weary of it since the last time i installed a codec pack it messed stuff up real good, i dont believe it was the ace pack tho. anyways thanks intercodes

neversleeps,

Found this, might be of some help.

* Reinstall your video card drivers. You may download the latest version from the maker of your video card. (If you don’t know how to find and download the latest drivers read section below called Locating Drivers)
* Reinstall DirectX. This may be downloaded from here.
* Turn down Hardware Acceleration. This can be done through Windows Media Player by going to Tools | Options | Performance | Advanced and moving the slider down a bit.

something new now, none of my players, wmp, interactual, intervideo windvd 5, none will play dvds now at all, all of them say cant render it except wmp which it cant play the video stream cuz of my videocard, videocard plays games and everything fine and i just installed latest drivers for it, help me my computer is my mulitimedia center and i dont have a separate dvd player or anything,
i think i smell a reformat coming on soon which i really dont want to do since i have everything just the way i like it rite now
checked microsucks site and they dont have a clue either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom