what the heck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

In Runtime
i'm messing with my parents laptop, it has some problems lol, ok im running windows xp, when i right click on the desktop and go to properties, like to change the screensaver and what not, when i click the "settings" tab where the hibernation settings are, the screen just goes blue and talks about having an error and dumping the physical memory, it stays like that for about 4 seconds, so i cant read it all, then the pc restarts. the bottom of it is kinda hot, could it be overheating or what? any advice is appreciated.

Can you post the error message you are recieving? It seems like there's a problem with one of the system files, and it probably requires a reinstallation.

omg, i remeber 6 years ago. i was messing wity my Grandpa Desktop and i knew nothin about computers and was just playing acouple games then i right click desktop go to Properties and wanted to change Resolution but when i did. the Monitor went blue. and it stayed that way when i turned off PC. then turned it back on. got nothing but errors it wouldnt go to Windows 95. so we had to reformat and Run Windows again. i guess this happens too some people... i havn't exactly found out why it does this. but some how it does take away some of ur Windows Files. but i have clue why.

Go to My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Startup and recovery settings. Uncheck the box for automatically restart computer under system failure. At least then you can see the error message which is most likely hardware related. In my case an out of date ethernet driver was the cause.

i would suggest just re-installing windows and it will replace what ever it screwed up. i find that windows rewrites it self alot and usually screws up 95% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom