Optical mouse VS standard mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mlr said:
i found a realy strange thing that happens with my optical mouse,some mouse mats with colors in them make the mouse go crazy on the screen i have three mouse mats and it does it two of them

For optical mice, it is best to use it on a light colored surface for the best response or something that reflects light well.

ive ordered the MX510 Optical mouse from Newegg for 35 bucks last saturday it should be here tomorrow. so im hopeing it will be good. if so ill let you guys know :)

Optical is the way to go. Great for gaming, and IMO, they don't need to be on light colored surfaces, as mine is on a flat black surface and works just fine.

~Fawks

Best mouse I ever had was a wireless optical mouse by Logitech (can't remember the exact model). Made gaming much easier as you never got a wire caught or the ball gunked up. Gave it to my grandmother for chistmas this year as it ate batteries like you wouldn't believe.

Red Fox said:
Optical is the way to go. Great for gaming, and IMO, they don't need to be on light colored surfaces, as mine is on a flat black surface and works just fine. ~Fawks

I never said it doesn't work on a black surface. The color of the mouse pad/surface does matter. The LED light on some models can draw more current if the feedback from the surface such as a black mousepad is weak.

Lone Wolf said:
For optical mice, it is best to use it on a light colored surface for the best response or something that reflects light well.
That was your opinion. I gave mine. Isn't that the point to a forum, different opinions? My Mouse pad is black also, works fine with my optical mouse.

~Fawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom