My Project Log (Lots of Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive now got it up and running, but I have some problems with this motherboard. Every time I start it up, I need to reset the CMOS. Changing settings in the BIOS doesnt help. Yesterday I bought an Asus. I have experience with them, and I like them a lot. I am running an Albatron right now. I never heard of them until I got this board. Its used, so it might not be the companys fault, but I figure I cant be wrong with Asus.

Once I get all the wires clean up... I'll post pics of my watercooling system.

Well it's generally the luck of the draw. I hate ASUS and think their quality of motherboards has gone down but a lot of people like them.

Anywho, have you made sure that you have a fresh CMOS battery? It could be that if that battery is low or is completely dead then this would be causing your need to reset the CMOS because it can't retain the settings from before..I've had a similar problem before except in my case the actual clip for the battery wouldn't hold it in properly.

Bout all I can think of unless something is screwed with the board

I checked the battery. That was the first thing I thought of. Then I realized this board has a duel BIOS. It must be the same CMOS though... I dont really know how duel BIOS's work. I switched to the emergency one, and nothing changed. Oh well... this Asus board will be here either friday or monday. Then I can post accurate temps, final pics, and 3dmark2001SE scores. My hardware isnt the best, but it will play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom