My friend CPU how much can it's overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuck thats such an old system. I would at least get a new heatsink and cpu fan. But then again that system i dont even think its worth putting money in.

LegendBreath said:
Hi,
My friend got a Intel Pentium III 700MHz with a ASUS motherboard (dont remember the model but its not a new motherboard). We overclocked it to 773MHz (110) and the temp is around 35-45 celcius. How much could we overclock it?

System Spec:
Intel Pentium III 700MHz
ASUS PD-3F (not sure)
128 MB RAM
3DFX Vodoo 3 16MB
Crystal SoundForce

as long as you cool everything properly you could overclock it to the maximum speed supported by the motherboard. Depending on FSB and multiplier.

Is the multiplier locked?

Take care though, there are lots of parts/chips in your motherboard that could fry. Even with good cooling.

Re: Re: My friend CPU how much can it's overclock?

TheMajor said:
as long as you cool everything properly you could overclock it to the maximum speed supported by the motherboard. Depending on FSB and multiplier.

Is the multiplier locked?

Take care though, there are lots of parts/chips in your motherboard that could fry. Even with good cooling.

How can I check if the multiplier is locked?!

You probably may also want to add a fan to the chipset if you want to overclock it to its maximum to prevent the chipset from getting toasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom