Comp for Upgradability!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
What type of computer can I MAKE that is around or below $1,500??? I want to use it for MS WORD and everyday use and for extreme gaming like DOOM3 and HL2... but i want to be able to upgrade it during the future. :)

With that price tag, I'm pretty sure that you can put together a system that has more than enough power to accomplish what you want it to.

If you're an AMDer, then AMD Athlon 64 3800+, GeForce 6800 GT, ASUS A8N-SLI, and a 450W PSU. (Other Stuff, Of Course). If your an Inteler, then Intel Pentium 4 550J, ATi Radeon X700Pro (my experiences, I like ATi better or you can always use an nVidia GeForce 6600GT), Abit AA8-Duramax, and 450W PSU. (Other Stuff Of Course). If you go with either company, you will get that stuff within $700 to $800 and then you will be able to add all the other necessary for around $500 more. Does this include a monitor, kb, mouse, and speakers? Never say P4EE on this forum, cause I will go absolutely crazy. I'm an Inteler, but I will always recommend a P4 570J over a P4EE because "benchmarks speak for themselves."

No... that is with no monitor, keyboard, speakers... none of that... and what do you mean "never say P4EE"??

"never say P4EE" means that is the most disgraceful processor Intel ever released. Even the Pentium 4 570J outperforms that piece of crap. You can also use a Pentium M with a DFI 855GME-MGF and overclock it. A PM oced to 2.55 GHz outperforms an FX-55.

a $1,500 budget with no monitor, speakers, or keyboard/mouse... man you could go a long way.

Definately invest in a socket 939 board + pciexpress now. As for video card I'd get a 6600gt (pcie version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom