do graphics cards affect dvd picture quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaisermoran

Baseband Member
Will a good graphics card have any bearing on the picture quality of movies being watched on PC?

Thanx

Deano

well, compared to having just onboard video, yes, there would be a good step up going with a vid card. but if you have a bad or low quality file in the first place, then it wouldn't make much of a difference. are we talking videos that are already on the comp, or dvds being played in real time? once you have a video card, going up to a better video might not help, due to plain videos not relying that heavily on video cards, vid card mostly are more towards gaming.

Not really. As long as they can run at the same refresh rate and resolution, and are fast ennuff to play it smoothly, it shouldn't make any difference.

actually, there is a difference and i've found that out from my own experience... BUT it's not that big of a difference, if you just want to get a graphics card for better DVD quality, don't waste your money. with a graphics card, the image is a little bit more clear but seriously you need to be looking at it really really really closely to tell the difference. anyway good luck

I heard Matrox cards are the best for picture editing, possibly video too.. cause they have the best colors/sharpeness.

video card don't affect quality, just speed. with 32md or less, you usually have jerky movement with movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom