How do i know if my Mobo can handle the RAM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisman88990

In Runtime
Even if i have one more slot for Ram, how do i know if my mobo can handle it all. Like if i put in a stick of 512MB, and already had 192MB, that woul dbe 704 MB of Ram. Now how do i know if that would be too much for my motherboard to handle ? Or does it realy matter ??

If it can't handle more than 704MB I'd say you made a bad choice buying your motherboard. Most boards sold today can support up to 4Gigs, although I don't see why any home user would need that much.

Check your manual, or the manufacturers website, although I'm almost certain you don't have anything to worry about.

That is accurate, most boards today support 4gigs, but to be sure, as he said, just verify with your manufacturer how much and what speeds it can handle and make your choice from there.

~Fawks

thanks :D..hey i guesse its not a bad Mobo!! thats good news..Supports up to 2.8 Ghz!!!thats realy realy good news, cause i wanted to get a new CPU. Up to 1.5 GB of ram, so thats good too. What are the 6 32bit PCI slots for ? and whats a CNR slot ?

The pci slots are for pci cards, ie sound cards, video, ethernet etc ..
As far as a cnr slot. it's a slot on the motherboard for the external jacks for your modem and network. It was designed to let OEMs build in optional DSL and cable modems.

~Fawks

Thanks for the info man!!, so with that information, i should have no problem upgrading to lets say a 1.8 GHz Athlon xp 2200 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom