Problems W/ Stability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I like that case. It looks uber nice! Will 420W PSU hold up against 1 x 160GB IDE and 250GB SATA and 8x DVD +/- RW and Floppy and CD-Rom and a P4 520 oced to 3.73 GHz?

well, i have had my chip at 3.6ghz, with a 250 gig hdd IDE, and a overclocked 6800 to ultra specs with pipes unlocked, i also run a DVD-+R/CD-Rw drive and a soundcard, and a floppy, so hmmmm, i think it may very well hold up, but that extra SATA harddrive makes me think twice, and especially how far you want to OC your chip, that's madness!

Well, the thing is, I have the right multiplier to push my chip to the future EE w/o getting too much of a temp boost. It was running at 3.73 GHz before I started having these problems. The NB voltage was 1.8V and the VCore voltage was 1.4375. The RAM did not a voltage boost to get stability since I used a 1:1 ratio and it ran at the full 266 (DDR2-533). You tell me cause I'm a fourteen year old who is on Robotix Team. I am an animator, web designer, and beginner programmer. Since this coming January, I will need to keep my computer on 24/7 during the weekends because the Robotix team needs me to host a website for their Robotix Universe database. It will be accessed by teams all over the nation. I need to get set once so I don't have to go through this again until BTX comes out.

Megadeth2 said:
Hey, P. Mantis, I wouldn't be talking cause the Barton runs hot also. I mean, 1.65V just to run a 2.167 GHz processor. That is insane!

Err, well since you didn't really describe too much about your problem when I said that maybe that was your answer, so I figured maybe the overclocking what causing the stability problems.

Sorry man, but I couldn't care less about a pissing contest between how hot yours runs and how hot mine runs. I just thought that maybe you were looking for an answer and there it was. Good luck with your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom