temp trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshyouah

Baseband Member
i recently put more fans in my computer to lower temps because they were reaching high 50's. it got down to about 42 idle, and goes around 46.5 while im running Command and Concour: Zero Hour. I know these arnt bad temps.. but seems like it could be lower by changing speeds/direction of fans. I have a total of 4 TT smart fan II's, an adjustable speed fan that came with my power supply, not sure of its ratings, an exhaust fan on the power supply, and a blower that pulls air directly from the heatsink on my GPU. Right now, i have the side fan, both back-top fans (two of the smart fans), the blower, and PSU exhaust all pulling air out, and the two on the bottom front (other two smart fans) pushing air in. All of the smart fans are currently on highest speed setting partially because i wanted to see how cool the processor would get, and also because i wasnt sure of where to place the sensors to control them. Are the temps fine? and should i use the sensors or just leave the fans on max (their damn loud on this setting.)
Mainly.. what directions should the fans each point and should i put them on variable speeds at all?

I recommend eminently you get some 120mm fans. I also suggest a little case modding, have two intake 120mm fans, and one 120mm exaust. That would be a nice Fan setup.

Ok for fan direction, striaght at your mobo. So that side-panel that you remove thats parallel to your mobo. You can create holes in that panel for your intake fans. For fan speeds, depends on what temp you get/want.

Codeine said:
I recommend eminently you get some 120mm fans. I also suggest a little case modding, have two intake 120mm fans, and one 120mm exaust. That would be a nice Fan setup.

Uh, having 2 120mm bringing air in and only 1 120mm leading air out would increase air pressure inside the case, thus raising temps! You always want less fans intaking air, and more leading air out... unless your intent IS to raise temps.

when i feel around the area of my heatsink i feel no air flowing from the bottom (where the intake fans are), so i was thinking of flipping the side panel fan to blow air directly to the cpu, would this help or hurt it? id still have 4 fans blowing out and 3 in, rather than 2 in and 5 out

just for update....

i flipped the side fan have it blowing in, this reduced the temps by about 3 C, i then lowered all adjustable fans to around half speed which of course raised the temps, only by 4 C, to 45 idle. the sound is now bearable and temps max around 52.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom