Can Not Install XP Pro. On MMX

Status
Not open for further replies.

OIDanTheManIO

Fully Optimized
Hey guys. I recently got a "new" computer (listed as "System 2" in my sig). Everytime I would try installing Windows XP Professional on it, it would just freeze during installation. I am now running Windows 2000 Pro. on that machine and it's working great. It's not a really big deal, I just wasn't sure if Windows XP Pro. was, for some reason, not compatible with my system. Thanks.

-Dan The Man

Thanks, that's all I needed to know :) I am fully content with Windows 2000 Professional on my second system. Thanks again ReverseFluxx :)

-Dan The Man

Hmm... yeah, oddly enough, I think I do remember TheMajor running XP Pro on his 200 mhz. Possibly this is close enough to the minimum requirements that it runs... barely :p. I just got the system requirements from Microsoft and it says 300 mhz recommended, 233 mhz required, as well as 128 mb RAM recommended, 64 required.

OK, I just attempted to overclock and to no avail :( I would get errors everytime I increased the FSP and multiplier. Oh well :(

-Dan The Man

In addition to the proccesor problem, XP would totally eat away all of your memory, you wouldn't be able to run anything on it other than the operating system itself.

Just for fun I tried installing XP on an old celeron 366mhz with 256mb RAM, and it just barely got along, so I would just stick with 2000 as XP wouldn't really be efficent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom