Good Comp or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
can some tell me anything that i'm missing? and what I'm gonna need after i get all these parts? like fans cables and stuff? How many fans am I going to need, what does the cpu come with, and could some one explain how the power source works, or what do i need to know about it. I know for sure that I can't just plug in all this stuff and expect it to work, so yea what are some really important things to know. Thanks

The more overclocking you want to do, the more fans and cooling devices you'll need. I'd suggest at least a front intake fan and a rear exhaust fan.

The CPU may come with it's own heatsink and fan, depending on whether it is retail or OEM.

In regards to the power source, you'll probably want at least a 350watt supply, and you'll also want to check out the rails it provides and if they meet what you require. You'll also probably want a 2 fan PSU, as well as making sure it has all the necessary connections you require.

And yes, the socket on the motherboard must match that of the proccesor. The reason I suggested 939 as opposed to 754 is because that's the solution that AMD has come up with which will eventually replace all of their 754 and 940 proccesors, which means if you buy a 754 board, it probably won't support future proccesors if you ever wish to upgrade.

the case that i chose ...chemning 601
it says this in its description "Two 80mm Case Fans "
chenming.jpg

It would be refferring to the two fans that are visible in the picture? or are those just vents...srry im a n00b:D

I wouldn't know, but as far as I am concerned, it doesn't matter. As long as it comes with those two 80mm fans, you can take them out and put them anywhere else in the case you want (where support is avaible).

and then the cpu may or may not come with a fan, i see in pictures that the fan goes right over the cpu then the others go in other places.

gaara said:
If you're going with a 64 bit proccesor, I cannot stress enough that you should go with a 939 socket as opposed to a 754, a bit more expensive perhaps, but it has far better performance and leaves the door open for upgrades in the future.

not sure what you mean 939 far better performance than 754 not sure about that 754 have been benching as good as 939 if not better in some cases if you get that dfi board im sure the 754 will outperform any 939 its like trying to upgrade a Porsche
its already at the high end 939 will probably oc a little but as far as performance a 754 will be better cause it will runn cooler to start and once again that dfi board cant be beat and thats where most your upgade comes from if we were to upgrade cpu all the time i think weed all have spent nearly 10 G's on cpus by now and those 939 boards are just now coming into perspective and jees 1-200 bucks for new end ones never trust new tecnology their will always be one better and at half price in 3-4 months once again refering to the board i have posted here long time in finding this thing but as you can see i think this will be oced and upgraded like no other board yet known to mortals hmmmmmmmmm machines building machines uh ah uh uah uh ah uha hahaahahahahhhaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2198

try shopping a little more ive found cases for 80$ that have pw sply and wires and even neon lights OMG so it seems you need to slow down and look and compare go with your preferences but be sure to do a little research before you buy and dont think you have to get evthng at one site get your parts and do like he said offer a local comp geek to assemble but tell him no more than 75 dollars it should only take him an hour if he has all parts in front of him and dont let anyone tell you an hour your crazy nuts n bolts people get a life ive had my sys apart and back in 1.5hrs 1st time tear apart oh what fun

yea im not even still 100% sure if im going to build my own machine... and right now im in no position to buy anything... so yea it might be a while

could someone explain overclocking to me? thanks

i'd say go with the amd but that computer isn't upgrade friendly. PCI-E is the new graphics card slot and some companies have already quit the AGP market. If u want to be able to upgrade while getting an AMD ur either gonna have to look at a lot more money or wait a long time while if you get a P4 then you should be able to get PCI-E without to many problems if you custom build.

not sure what you mean 939 far better performance than 754 not sure about that 754 have been benching as good as 939 if not better in some cases if you get that dfi board im sure the 754 will outperform any 939 its like trying to upgrade a Porsche
actually there are some major differances between the two. 754 has absolutly no upgrade potencial as AMD have already stopped designing new 64 bit processores for it. The other thing about 754 is that it doesn;t support duel channel ram and their are no PCI-E motherboards.

can some tell me anything that i'm missing? and what I'm gonna need after i get all these parts? like fans cables and stuff? How many fans am I going to need, what does the cpu come with,

First if the CPU is retail it comes with a heat sink and fan but if its OEM then you only get the CPU itself. If you don;t have a fan on your CPU then it will melt to your motherboard but apart from that fan you will only need 1-2 others if you don't plan to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom