New Computer Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, i have looked at newegg.com at different prices and have come up with a completely different set-up. Here it is...

AMD Athlon 64 3500+, scoket 939 512KB L2 Cache - $260
ATI atw Radeon 9800PRO - $239 + $3 (shipping)
Maxtor 80GD 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive - $66.29 + $4.69 (shipping)
RaidMAx Black Aluminum Gaming Case w/ 420 watt Power Source
$88.88
Rosewill 16X Double Layer DVD +/- $56
Generic Keyboard - $19.99
Used Dell Moniotr - $49.99

Total - $787

As you guys can see I have not listed a Motherboard, RAM, or an OS. And, as previously stated i'm trying to make my $1000 budget. I would really like to see your guys opinions on this new setup. If you seee any changes you would make and suggestions on the parts I need still, please let me know. Thanks...

Well I just received my debit card, so now I can order any parts I need. Just waiting for some responses on the new setup I listed, especially the motherboard that will be compadable to a 939 socket.

Looks like you've got a pretty good system picked out, I'd just suggest that you invest in a new power supply rather than using the one that comes with the case.

As far as your motherboard, there's a few good ones out there, although I rather like this one.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-510&depa=1

You should already have an OS so that shouldn't be an issue, and I'd go with at least 512mb RAM, preferably 1024mb in a dual channel setup, although that might break your 1000 dollar price tag a bit, but not by much.

You also still have the option of getting an AMD XP processor for the original A78NX_E you had selected. Thats a pretty sweet motherboard. Just depends if you want to go the AMD 64 route or not.

I think that the 6600 is probebly your best bet as it can beat a 9800XT in benchmarks and is cheap. Don't go with the sempron, get a XP or 64 cos the sempron sux

if you get a sempron remember that its benchmarked against celerons not P4's so its slower than it says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom