Problems W/ Stability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
I have to continuously restart the computer and after 5 or six restarts, it boots into Windows 2K Pro. My P4 520 is overclocked to 3.206 GHz. It is Prime95 stable, but why doesn't my comp start normally?

You might want to give just a tad more info on what's happening.

What's your VCore set at anyways?

Why would you overclock a P4 520??? I hope you have some type of water cooling available. I have a P4 520 non-overclocked and it runs hot as it is. The prescotts are known to run hot. Also they are not too stable with any type of voltage modifications and bus speed increases. Also one question why are you overclocking it?????

uzi9mm said:
Why would you overclock a P4 520??? I hope you have some type of water cooling available. I have a P4 520 non-overclocked and it runs hot as it is. The prescotts are known to run hot. Also they are not too stable with any type of voltage modifications and bus speed increases. Also one question why are you overclocking it?????

Hmm, looks to me like this is the answer to your stability problems. :D

Hey, P. Mantis, I wouldn't be talking cause the Barton runs hot also. I mean, 1.65V just to run a 2.167 GHz processor. That is insane!

Anyways, should you know my Pentium 4 520 was overclocked to 3.73 GHz fully stable before I had to change the heatsink and then change it back to the stock one.

I finally figured out that my system is stable, but my power supply is the culprit. When I overclock, it puts too much of a strain on the PSU. Basically, I turned it down to stock and I heard my heatsink go louder. When I overclocked it, it would just stay in one noise level despite the temperatures.

Can anyone recommend a good case with a good power supply for under $60?

Can anyone recommend a good case with a good power supply for under $60?
Well just remember when you spend cheap you get what you pay for. A case and PSU for $60 basically guarantees you to have a crappy PSU.

I mean, 1.65V just to run a 2.167 GHz processor. That is insane
Ehh not really, mine takes 1.875 to hit 2.5GHz and it takes 1.975 to hit 2.7GHz stable and even then I can keep it in the 30's low 40's Celsius.

Depends on the room the computer is in, kind of heatsink, fan, paste, and sometimes some CPU's run hotter than others.

Well, first of all, I was considering a Powmax 702 Matrix case with 450W PSU. What do you think? Forget about the price limit. Can you recommend a good case and PSU with a good performance: price ratio?

uzi9mm said:
I had my 3.2 Prescott up to 3.6ghz with no problems and not that big of a temp increase on air cooling. what's the ghz of a stock 520?

2.8 GHz si what a 520 runs at. It is my PSU. It ****ed up my SATA drive too. When I installed it and then unistalled all other drives it worked and it didn't work when everyhting was attached. Can someone tell me a case/PSU combo with good price: performance ratio? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom