Cut down Win 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
I have installed Win 98 on a older machine. Now i want to get rid of anything un-nessesary to make it run programs/games faster. Now firstly, no programs run at startup, there is less than 5 program installed on the whole system. The os is updated. What else can i do to cut the os down to make it run faster?
Any ideas?

Thanks
Wayne

what are the pc specs coz i woud advise a programme that called SPEED GEAR - "Cleans Registry with ease and boost your system performance". But i need to no the specs coz some old machines when using software like this can burn out the processor chip so thats why i need to no ur processor speed and chip cooling systems name.

p166 mmx, 96mb ram

i dont think that would be the type of thing i would use to make the computer run faster. I was thinking more like disabling useless parts of win 98, registry stuff, optimising kernal.

Wayne

Do you have any unnecessary networking you don't use? If so, cut down those components to the bare.

well, the motherboard is already maxxed out. All the simm slots are filled with ram, and the cpu is overclocked to 200mhz, and no AGP. EEEEEEK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom