SATA drive instilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniffmypoo

Baseband Member
im getting a WD raptor for my computer, and i need to know if i can just plug it in and go or if i have to get some special driver for when im installing windows (like when it asks for the SCSI/RAID cdrivers)

when it asks for SCSI/RAID drivers at the bottom of the WinXP loading screen and says hit F6 that's what you need to do. From there you'll select the SATA drivers from the floppy that should have come with your motherboard...

That's all you have to do

Yeah, you're going to need to make sure your motherboard can even support SATA connections, as well as your PSU. Most motherboards should come with the required disk, although you can probably download what you need from the manufacturers website,

It should've come with a floppy disk with the drivers, although as I've said, MSI should have the drivers availible to download from their website somewhere. If that fails, you can always try googling it.

It's important to note that when you are installing windows, you have to watch the screen very carefully. The option to press F6 is only there for a few seconds, so you don't want to miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom