ATi to run Doom3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You definately need at least a 6800GT to play Doom 3 on full settings at high framerates with AA and AF. Not even the most expensive ATI cards can do it.

What is the rest of your rig? If you have a crap processor and low RAM Doom 3 will be almost unplayable even at 800*600 medium. Unless you turn off shadows and bump mapping. But that will make Doom 3 look like TOTAL POS.

If you have at least P4 2.4 and 1 gig dual channel RAM DDR PC3200 you can run it at 800*600 medium with shadows and bump mapping fine at around 30 fps except heavy gunfights.

Truthfully though if you're a Doom 3 enthusiast you should buy an Nvidia card as they perform better. But don't buy anything less than a 5900 and play on high 1024*768.

Honestly though with 9200 it won't be good and it will lag. Playable...yes. Tolerable...might be a different story.

Here:

http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-08.html

Just like waynejkruse10 i have a 9200se and like he said it was almost unplayable, every thing had to be on the lowest setting's and the dam thing still lagged big time in place's,at the minimum get a 9600 or 9800 ati but if you want the best play get the nvidia 6800gt.

damn guys, i had a fx 5200 ultra and i could play d3 fine, with 512 ram and a 2.7 ghz cpu. i had it on medium settings with special fx settions on too. but i got a new card well the point is, if u wanna play it well card permitting then just play man

heyman just pays ome1 and extra 50 to build u one for half the price and just as good. it just doesnt say alienware or XPS on it. big whoop, but its ur money just thought u would like to save some of it for other stuff too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom