Computer Monitor Question:

Status
Not open for further replies.

blah

Beta member
Here's the deal, I have a 19" NEC 97f flatscreen(CRT) monitor and it has worked like a charm for the last few years. I recently did a friend a favor and formatted her computer using this monitor. I then plugged it back into my computer and that is when I experienced the problem. Basically everything on the bottom of the screen is very tiny now (the start menu button, the tray icons, etc) in the middle of the screen, everything is normal size, and at the top of the screen everything appears small again. If I drag the mouse pointer from the bottom of the screen to the top, the arrow will start out very small then get large in the middle, then get small again at the top. I'm hoping it's not the monitor because I really don't want to replace it at this point. I have searched google and have not found anyone to have this problem so I'm not sure what to do. Any thoughts? Thank you.

is there a reset button on the monitors controls? if not, or if that doesnt work its probably fried. try unplugging it from the wall too.

Sorry I didn't mention, I hit the reset button and it didn't help. And I also unplugged it and let it sit for a while. It's still doing this. It's really annoying, I didn't know a monitor could fry from simply switching it from one computer to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom