Incompatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorKwin

In Runtime
I had a athlon 990 mhz in a msi k7t turbo 2 and they ran great... slow but great... I recently purchased a new xp 2400+ and I expected the turbo 2 to work with it because I had the latest bios update and the readme for the update said "Fixed compatibility issue with 2400/2600+ 266" Well i place the 2400 in the slot, do everything correctly and the computer doesn't even post! I spent and entire day trouble shooting without any success until right about before i gave up i thought of swapping mobos (should of been my first guess). Yup just as i thought, it was the board. I had an extra ecs k7s5a pro sitting around so i used that and it worked so i am still using it. My question is does anybody know of a good motherboard that supports sdram AND ddr with a 266 fsb?? This k7s5a pro is very unstable and knocks me out of games and sometimes just locks up. I'm just lookin for some suggestions and thx in advance.

I am currently doing that i'm just wondering if someone suggests a certain board or series of boards or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom