how do i enhance my gaming experiences??

Status
Not open for further replies.

crow0021

In Runtime
i want to buy whatever i need to make my games run better. i play anything from CS, UT2004 to Doom 3, HL2. most of the time, my systems runs decent on normal to higher settings. but sometimes, it is laggy or the gameplay is not "smooth". the weak point on my system is the video card? i'm looking at new video cards like the 6800. it seems to be popular on this site. will i see a great improvement in gaming with a card like this in my current system?? i dont' want to spend that kind of money and see little improvement ...

Wow, stick a 6800GT in that thing and you should be flying through those games. Your video card is definately what is holding you back.

the x800xt is for the most part better than the 6800gt but about $100 more. If your looking to play a lot at Doom3, the 6800gt is better.

omg. yes! a 9550 is a crime in that system. put in a 6600gt, 6800nu, x800xt, or 6800gt (whatever fits your budget) and you should be able to play any game super amazingly

Well the X800XT is better for the most part. The X800 Pro though is horrible value for the money. While still a good card compared to the 9800 series, it can't even compete with the 6800GT, which is priced the same as the X800.

Yes, ATI is better for HL2 and Nvidia is better for Doom 3. However, the difference between ATI and Nvidia in HL2 is very subtile, wherein Doom 3, you can really tell the difference in gameplay between an ATI or Nvidia card.

yep
doom 3 = 6800gt (nVidia)
HL2 = X800xt (ATi)
and i think UT04 is better on nVidia too??

EDIT: damn, beedubaya keeps posting seconds before me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom