New Computer - Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpobjectss

Baseband Member
I need to research/select/order all tonight lol. If anyone is on please help me out for it is badly needed.

(around 1500 1600 limit USD)

-Game Design
-Video Editing
-Gaming

Case :: 100 USD :: Cooler Master Praetorian Black ALUMINUM MID-TOWER CASE

PSU :: 60 USD :: Rosewill 500W Im having trouble picking one out

CPU :: Still looking for AMD 64 (if the 64 is worth it 3000+ to OC nice bus speed possibly the Hypertransport if amd has it

Motherboard :: 140 USD :: MSI "K8N Neo2 Platinum" NVIDIA nForce3 ULTRA ??? help pls!

Memory :: 250 USD :: CORSAIR XMS Xtreme Memory Speed Series, Xtra-Low Latency 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 w/ Heat Spreader Does the low lag make any difference? Or would a cheaper one be better, i do plan on overclocking.

Video Card :: 400 USD :: EVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card ???

Sound Card ::

Monitor ::

Hard Drive :: Already own a 120gig 7200 Western Digital

DVD-ROM ::

I already have a 120gig hard drive so another one isnt needed yet if the money is better spent else where. I know im going to need a cooler if i overclock but anrt sure which one. If something you see here isn't the best in that field please feel free to suggest something :)

Thanks a lot

For the sound card just get a Creative audigy 2 or the value version for like $30-$50. Doesn't really matter what dvd-rom but look for a lite-on or toshiba. As for the monitor I'd suggest going to the store to pick out a monitor that's on display so you can see the differance in clarity. Everything else looks good and should make for a killer gaming pc. P.S. It's really similiar to mine.

Oh, for the cpu. Get the boxed version of whichever one best fits in your budget that's socket 939. Right now with AMD cpu's the more money it costs, the higher the clock speed which also means it will perform better...

hey thanks for the info. yea it is pretty similar, and if you live in Huntingon on Long Island then I live a town over from you in Commack.

How do you like your system btw? And around how much did it cost you?

I was told by a friend that the 3000 can overclock to speeds around 4000. what type of cooling would i need if i were to overclock? I may opt for the 3500 however.

well the AMD 3000+ with good air cooling like the Venus twelve and 5 or so case fans should go about 39-45% over defult speeds. but it might be worth making sure that you get a better qolity PSU so that it doesn't stuff up and melt everything (my friend melted 2 motherboards and cpu's beacause of a dodgy PSU i'd recoment either ANTEC true power or a Thermaltake 420 watt

If you want a good upgrade option it might also be worth considering waiting till the ASUS A8N-SLI mobo comes out as that would allow you to have 2 PCI-E graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom