Problem: Shuttle SB51G gives me "Error loading OS" on very first boot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

luifigo

Beta member
Hello all,

I just put together a brand new SB51G system I got from Ajump, and I get a "Error loading OS" when I boot. Here are the specs:

-P4 2.4, 533fsb
-512 2700 ddr kingston ram
-WD Caviar 40gig, Seagate 40 gig
-Sony 510a DVD+-RW drive
-NEC lcd monitor
-Otherwise running onboard everything (video, audio)

Installed the cpu just fine, all the wires, and made the CDRom the first boot device and when I booted up (with a WinXP cd), I got the message: "Error loading OS". I've deleted the floppy, hd's from the startup in bios, and even made the CDRom all three startup items. Bios recognizes everything, HDs are displayed normally, however for the secondary master (my CDRom), there is only an "S", and some weird character next to a lower case 'h' highlighted with a bar of red near the bottom of the blue bios screen. Other than that, the CDRom spins, opens, closes, etc. Got any insight on this? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, I'm stumped.......

Well you might want to use the warranty on the CD-ROM drive or wipe everything out and try again. Oh an a suggestion dont use onboard video if you want to get the full benefit of your new PC then buuy a real video card..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom