boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

philippa1989

Beta member
hey.

my friends self build system worked fine on windows 98 but when we tried to instal xp it kept freezing in the middle of setup. so i formatted the hard drive and installed xp on my system (using his HD) which worked fine.

however now, back in his system, it gets to the xp loading screen and freezes, is this a hardware clash although it did work with windows 98???

amd sempron 1.5Ghz
512mb ram
asrock mobo on board graphics
etc

thanks
philippa

When you had the hard drive in your computer, it ran fine after setting it up and everything? It doesnt sound like a hard drive problem. Did you install the drivers on your pc or his? XP tends to load the drivers with out you knowing, so it might have loaded the drivers for your pc on his hard drive, now those drivers are not working with his hardware.

yeh everything ran fine in my computer, now the hard drive is back in his system do you think it would help to put the xp disk back in and choose repair xp?? only thing is last time it didnt get as far as that screen before it kept freezing. :S

Try doing the repair. To me it sounds like a driver issue, its trying to load the drivers for his hardware, but only finds yours. I dont know how you would go about removing those drivers. Maybe if the repair does not work, try to install xp over itself on his computer, so his drivers are installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom