service pack 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

atd332

Baseband Member
How do i uninstall service pack 2? can someone please help me. I have Ares, P2P program and SP2 blocks me from downloading and i want sp2 gone! Sp2 came with my computer, i dont see anyhthing in add remove programs about sp2. Id appreciate all the help i can get. Thanks.... if i do uninstall it, if i can, will it crash my pc?

Are you sure that it's SP2 that stops you from downloading? Maybe it's just the Windows firewall that comes with SP2. If so, try disabling it and see if that works. I'm pretty sure there is a way to uninstall SP2 anyways though. Check under Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and look there for SP2. And no, uninstalling SP2 will most likely not cause your PC to crash although that is always a possibility.

-Dan The Man

Yes, its sp2, i just recently installed sp2 on my other computer and same problem now when it didnt do it before. Tried disabling firewall, no luck. Cant find out how to uninstall it, not in add/remove programs.

atd332,

Yes, you can uninstall sp2. I dont think there might be any problem if you remove.

Using the Uninstall Program to Uninstall SP2

You can uninstall SP2 by running the uninstall program from the command prompt.

To uninstall SP2:

1.Click Start, and then click Run.

2.In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.

3.Type cd %systemroot%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\, and then press ENTER.

4.Type spuninst.exe, and then press ENTER.

5.To close the Command Prompt window, type exit.

NOTE DO NOT, I REPEATE DO NOT USE SYSTEM RESTORE TO GO BACK BEFORE YOU DID THE UPGRADE!!! one of my users did that and it turns xp into limbo hell. DO not sys-restore out of it or youll be sorry.

I typed cd %systemroot%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\ and nothing came up it said system cannot find path specified

Please help. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom