Evga 6600 Gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
well im gonna be ordering the EVGA 6600GT for 229 dollers tomorrow and i play a game called "Rune" which ive played for 5 years. its a online game but it supports Direct 3d and i was wondering if 6600 GT supported Direct3d games? will this card run Flawless on this game probally its a old game... and the EVGA version of 6600 GT has DVI+VGA which i was suprised. all the other brands were Dual DVI. so i thought that was great. but thanks for any help.

Of course it does and if that game is 5 years old that GPU will run it flawlessly in terms of performance. What is your processor and ram? You shouldn't buy the 6600GT if you have a poor processor and low ram because your PC will bottleneck that card. Therefore you can buy a cheaper GPU and actually get the same performance as a bottlenecked 6600GT.

i have a AMD 2600+ XP and 512 3200 RAM but i was told by Nubius and such on these forums that the Video card would run fine. i want a good card like this so i wont have to update it later. i thought it would run fine.

SiZcO said:
i have a AMD 2600+ XP and 512 3200 RAM but i was told by Nubius and such on these forums that the Video card would run fine. i want a good card like this so i wont have to update it later. i thought it would run fine.

nah your computer is great :cool: i don't see a bottleneck anywhere (not saying you wouldn't better performance with a athlon 64 3500+ and a gb of ram ;) )

SiZcO said:

Yeah I didn't look at your sig...your specs are there. If I did I wouldn't have asked you for you processor and RAM. No your system should not bottleneck the GPU unless you want to run the game at 1600*1200 with max AA and AF. Your system would definitely bottleneck a 6800 Ultra. Anyways you should be fine...I am very impressed by Nvidia's 6600GT...you will love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom