pc restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booyah

Baseband Member
been on this for a month now, ive gone thru everything.

replaced mb
replaced vc
replaced hd
replaced cpu
replaced psu
replaced RAM
replaced IDE cables
reformatted
got all current drivers from hardware manufacturers
running cool (about 30 celcius)
all cables, cards, and modules fully seated.
no device conflicts
cleared cmos via jumper and battery
flashed to latest bios

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Gigabyte K8NS mb
Geforce FX 5500
512 MB DDR 333
Windows XP Pro SP2
420w PSU

if system idles too long with no activity, or sometimes on installs (not always), it will restart with the following errors:

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8565.dir00\Mini122004-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8565.dir00\sysdata.xml

i notice this is common on several forums with AMD 64 bit systems. never find any answers though. any suggestions?

I Googled it and found it is usually Bad RAM, or XP SP1 issue. Might also be gfx card driver, or faulty mobo. god it could be anything. Someone reported after they reinstalled sound drivers it went away...

You are running stock correct?

Indeed there is not much on this subject...I'll keep looking.

not sure what u mean by running stock?
its a custom built system if thats what ur askin.

Booyah said:
not sure what u mean by running stock?
its a custom built system if thats what ur askin.

i mean you are running at defaults correct? you aren't overclocked or anything. if you are then that very well could be the problem.

basically, you have what I call an evil configuration. Not only 64 bit cpus experience this, but even people on pentium 4s get this. Like mentioned, it can be graphics related, or ram, but it is tied into memory management. I see you are running norton anti-virus. First step is to get rid of that program and see if you still get any errors. Since you arent getting any IRQs I assume you have a good clean setup. without driver issues. If you got rid of NAV and still get the crash, try changing your ram speeds and latency settings in your bios. The ultimate solution is to replace the ram with a different design and speed. If all fails, bring that sucka to a pc shop. I know we have our pride, but they really help you out.

where did u see that i have nortons antivirus? i hate that crappy program. none of my pc's run it.

if anyone has same prob i had try removing and then reinstalling sp2. it seems to have fixed my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom