windows xp on multiple comps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnairgunz09

In Runtime
hi guys ill be needing to buy a windows xp disc for my new comp will i be able to install that on this computer also or can u only install it on one comp?

You could probably use it on both, but wouldnt like windows update detect the same SN on the same IP or something?

No, they can buy licenses for the Os. Meaning they pay for the os, and then a charge per license after that. We do that here as well, buy the original copy, then pay xx$$ for additional licenses.

~Fawks

Yep, but as I understand here, at TF, keeping things on the straight and narrow is the only way ;) There are other forums on the internet you can visit if you want to get speculative.

~Fawks

They track the computers you install it on per CD key by taking a "snapshot" of your computer config. If it changes drastically they will make you call and have you explain what changes. I have my computer with the config below at the bottom and I installed it on my dads Intel celeron 700mhz with 128mb ram and when I went to activate it the activation wizard made me call a 1-800 number and talk to a microsoft rep. they asked Q:why are you activating it today A: I had to format my computer because of viruses. Q: is this the first time. A: No. Q: Do you have it installed on any other computer A: NO. after that they will give you new installation ID to activate it. But if you want to get all legal about it you do have the right to install it on more then one computer if it is only running at one instance at a time. This is the excerpt from the EULA from WIN XP.

1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Microsoft grants you the following
rights provided that you comply with all terms and
conditions of this EULA:
1.1 Installation and use. You may install, use, access,
display and run one copy of the Software on a single computer,
such as a workstation, terminal or other device ("Workstation
Computer"). The Software may not be used by MORE THAN ONE
PROCESSOR AT ANY ONE TIME on any single Workstation Computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom