Whoa look at my HD temp...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, got it runing, but it only has 1 temp. the HDD temp...Still cool, but I would like to see other temps. on there.

haha, lol i don think its realy that hott, must just be a glytch or sumthing. can anyone say MELTDOWN!!...lol ( i can just picture my HD getting so hot the outside of it like turns red..) lmao..

This reminds me of that commercial on TV, that aol one were they offer that stupid virus protection were the guy goes " i wish my hard drive would fry like bacon" or sumthing like that, hilarious commercial..

KnowNothing said:
Ok, found out how to get the program, but now...How do I control the fan speeds? My fan doesnt seem to change. Im guessing its not compatible or something.

Most likely it wouldn't be the fans that are incompatible, it's probably just your motherboard. The only way SpeedFan can control fan speeds is if you have the right motherboard AND if the fan is plugged directly into the motherboard.

-Dan The Man

you can get fan speed controllers, some of them fit in a PCI bracket, basically it controls the amount of power that goes into the fan.

less power = goes slower
more power = goes faster

the max speed the fans can do with them is the same as the 'normal' speed when not using them

you can also get ramsinks and put some on your hard drive; I had some spare when I put some on my video card, so I put one on the cache chip of my Seagate 160GB; it used to get pretty hot, but it doesn't anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom