Bought a Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell is awful, it is just awful. Building your own computer will cost a little work, but it will safe you big bucks and also, easier for upgrade.

DELL is a complete waist of money my sister bought a dell for over 1200$ and what do u know no agp slot 256mb ram pc2100 LOADED WITH CRAP nicest thing in it was the 80gig hdd but thats about it everything else junk!!!!!!!!!!!!
DELL takes advantage of newbies no offence customer support this custommer support that load of crap who uses costumer suport anyway u always just go right to your local computer place anyway

Yes i will agree with you their Timmer, they do take advantage of newbies. I try to help out anyone i know thats interested in buying a computer. Even people i dont know well, just sometimes people dont feel like listing.

Definatley Timmer. I had a friend buy a Dell and he said he wanted to play games on it. So they gave him a GB of ram and a 4mb vid card. What the crap is that!!

Well now I will have to add my 2 cent, were I work we have
at least 20 Dells with OS's from 98, ME, XP pro, 2000, Server 2000
and I have not had a issue with any of them. And on a few of
them I have added on to them and none of the conponents
were bought from Dell. They include ram, Harddrives, CD drives
and video cards, all bought from were I wanted to.
To this day no issues with any of these things and they were
all easy to install. I also own to Compaqs one P3 and one
AMD K6 both still running great the K6 is almost 8 yrs old
and has been OC and jacked up as much as I can,
and I can still play a pretty mean game of Quake 3 excessive
on her. Now I have just bought a new Dell 8400 P4 3.4
1 gig ram, 160 gig HD, Nvidia 6800 GTO (pretty much the same as a 6800 GT and can be OC to 6800 Ultra for less money) with a 17 inch flat screen and a crap load of other things that I put together
on there web site. Now I have looked into building my own system, but for what I have into this box it would have cost me
a few hundred dollars more to build my own.
This system out of box with no OC got just over 10,000 when I ran it threw 3DMark03. It also performs better than expected
running Q3, Doom 3 and COD. Runs any of the Adobe CS programs flawlessly. So if you know what you want and how to
order it you can get a sweet machine for your dollars. And not have to build your own.

Paint

paint said:
but for what I have into this box it would have cost me
a few hundred dollars more to build my own.
This system out of box with no OC got just over 10,000 when I ran it threw 3DMark03. It also performs better than expected
running Q3, Doom 3 and COD. Runs any of the Adobe CS programs flawlessly. So if you know what you want and how to
order it you can get a sweet machine for your dollars. And not have to build your own.

And if you know where to shop you could have saved in excess of $400 i bet.

A 160GB drive can be had for $50 after rebates (just bought one from Fry's)
1 gig of RAM is pretty vague. Do you know the manufacturer or speed? A decent kit would be something like Mushkin DC-PC3200 2-2-2-5 Special 512*2. ~$100-175 is expected for decent overclockign RAM. More for better overclocks obviously.

From what you spec'd i would say no more than $1000 (a "crap load of other things" is hard to price lol).

Also not mentioned is what kind of overclocking do you get with that expensive rig? Any? 3.4GHz P4 chip is slower than my chip in most tests. Your RAM (w/e it is) is also most likely stock. If you spent more than a grand i would say you got ripped.

In the time that it took from when you ordered the computer to the time you got it plugged in and turned on I personally could have had my computer built and overclocked and ready to go. That is the one thing i hate about ordering stuff, it just takes too long.

Not meaning to dump on your computer. It's just you said if you built it yourself it would have cost more, and i seriously cannot see how that is possible unless you shop at overpriced stores or cannot find any good deals.

Dell is a lot better than HP though. My mom bought a HP without telling me and it seems like I'm over there every other weekend fixing something.

to put it simply if someone else has made the rig and is trying to sell it to u its probebly a rip

4W4K3 said:
In the time that it took from when you ordered the computer to the time you got it plugged in and turned on I personally could have had my computer built and overclocked and ready to go. That is the one thing i hate about ordering stuff, it just takes too long.

Ordered on a Sunday night and had her all fired up
on the net and all the programs on her that I wanted,
all files tranfered by 8:30 the following Wednesday night.

So I am sure you are very skilled, but 3 days
I doubt it.

paint

Sh0r_ty said:
to put it simply if someone else has made the rig and is trying to sell it to u its probebly a rip

Not sure if I understand your post.

paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom