Overclocking CPU clock over 109?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I can't overclock my CPU clock over 109, it's just doesn't boot, you know, no video, nothing.

Is there a way that I can overclock it more than 109 because at 109 it just overclock my CPU to 927MHz (it's an 850)

Add more voltage. If that doesnt worj then maybe try adding voltage to RAM. If THAT doesn't work chances are your CPU or RAM is maxed. Or your PSU is maxed. Also maybe add NB voltage if it's still stock. theres a million things to try...

LegendBreath said:
And to add more voltage how do I do that? lol sry im a bit a noob in hardware but not in software :p

Should be in BIOS. If your BIOS is locked or that option is greyed out, try getting the latest BIOS for your mobo. If that is the latest...then you might be screwed...

First off you need to make sure you can lock your AGP/PCI bus...

Without being able to lock it you are raising the speeds of both those bus's which means you can potentially fry and PCI components, your graphics card and even the hard drives...

So if you can't lock the AGP bus which automatically locks the PCI bus then I'd say 109 is your limit and don't push it.

Currently assuming my calculations are correct, your AGP bus is at 72MHz from it's normal 66MHz and your PCI is at 36MHz from it's normal 33MHz..

I'd say this is why you can't go over 109...72-73 seems to be the limit for the AGP bus so I doubt you'll get higher and adding Vcore won't fix your problem in this case.

I highly recommend you don't try and go any further as the reason is not the lack of voltage but rather the AGP can't handle those speeds you're pushin.

Nubius said:
First off you need to make sure you can lock your AGP/PCI bus...

lol i can't believe i didn't think of that. I've only had 1 board that didn't lock buses, and that was years ago. I auto-assume it's locked and just tell people to push it! good call:)

lol i can't believe i didn't think of that. I've only had 1 board that didn't lock buses, and that was years ago. I auto-assume it's locked and just tell people to push it! good call
Yup :D We all forget the little things from time to time. My last motherboard didn't have an AGP lock...was an MSI KT6V that's why I had to get this board :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom