Quick Question: Really Need Awnser This Time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

idunnoe

Baseband Member
I'll Just get to the point. I've posted this question on these boards before and to no avail... but i really need an awnser to this (seemingly) easy problem.

I'm trying to add a second optical drive (a cd burner) to my computer. tried all kinds of setups but none worked. I'm wanting someone to tell me *exactly* what needs to be done to set up one as master/slave or cable select or whatever i need to get this stupid thing to work. I've tried everything i can think of and i know it isn't that hard so i must simply be missing something.

*What do i need to do to get this thing to work?*

what is your current setup? Do you have a hd on one ide and a cdrom on the other? If so, connect your burner to the open connector on the cable attatched to the cdrom and put both jumpers on cable select.

My current set up is my hdd on a seperate sata (name?) cable and my 2 optical driives will be on the same ide cable.

i tried that last time, but it didn't *seem* to work
is there anything else i need to do for the drive to show up in 'my computer' as a drive? or what? i gotta be missing something...

try putting them on different cables both set to master. Make sure the bios is set to auto detect

If both drives are set to master than one will not be seen to the computer. Make sure that one is set to master and one is set to slave. And have the master as the hard drive.

A) If you are going to hook up ther CD ROMS on the same IDE, make sure you connect them to IDE2. Leave IDE1 alone.

B) Make one CD ROM Master, the second Slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom