Hard Disk Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
use fdisk to delete the partition entirely
then format the drive using the recovery disk - it should be able to - and then you should be set in moving your OS and files on the disk

UPDATE:::::::First I will say Thanks to everyone that offered help. Turns out the hard drive was OK after a proper reformat. Turns out that even though I was going in to the Bios and setting the boot order to CD first (yes I was saving upon exit) it was not taking. Ended up having to press the "escape key" multiple times to get into boot order. I was able to boot and install with the original disk from my office Dell Lattitude 800 running XP Professional. After installing, I called Microsoft and explained that the computer belonged to my 5 year old son, who is visiting dad who will be heading back to Iraq after the New Year for another 14 month or so tour. Hard to believe, but the tech gave me a new product ID number and activated me. All is well now.

U could have just download pc doctor on call 2 and it would have fixed all that without rebooting or restoring your system

m3incorp said:
UPDATE::::::: After installing, I called Microsoft and explained that the computer belonged to my 5 year old son, who is visiting dad who will be heading back to Iraq after the New Year for another 14 month or so tour. Hard to believe, but the tech gave me a new product ID number and activated me. All is well now.

I will remember that one, when I need a new product Id.

just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom