Ethical question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you have to activate it within 30 days for it to work at all, or is there a way around that? I never found out since I activated it with 2 days left.

I don't know how it works where you live, but here in the UK you can only install a piece of software onto one computer. If you want to install the same thing on another computer, you have to go and buy another one. As far as I know that's how it works anywhere in the world. So using your brother's XP CD on your computer is illegal.

you can purchase xtra EULA's from m/s and use the same os disk. You are not really buying the software, you are buying the liscense to use it.

There are ways around activation but its not legal. If you use his cd youll have to reinstall every 30 days.

"Rosery Beens...."

If it's just a regular XP CD, than it should work. But i hope that you're not talking about some Dell System Restore CD, Cuz then there would be a problem. (It just wouldn't work :( ) :cool:

Most of the newer dells come with a complete Win XP operating system on 1 disk and the software on another disk, thus it is not the same as a restore disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom