1.81 ghz upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

marillius318

Beta member
i have a 1.81 ghz AMD athlon 2200....Gygabyte technology...

i am wondering what would anyone recommend to get it to go faster...in general..

my hardrive i just got two months ago..it has a speed of 7200..

and a 9100 ATi gamecard (i know..its a dinosaur! but im looking to get a Radeon 9800 pro in the spring or something newer....)

i was hoping to at least get it to become a 2.2 or 2.4 ghz....or even higher if i can...

i want a little more speed when downloading...

sorry if this has been posted somewhere else....thank you to all who reply... :)

i'm not one for giving suggestions for pc parts, so i will give you at least a little piece of info, your downloading speeds depends mostly on internet connection and not the cpu. how fast the pc writes the info is your HD and how fast the pc runs whatever you downloaded depends on the cpu

i have a 60 gig hardrive for my operating system....and the 200 gig to store my info...

what would you recommend for a HD...? i have the 60 as my master and my 200 as my slave....

i was thinking of replacing my 60 gig with another 60 gig, but one with a lot more speed...any suggestions?

i have a Pentium 4...

Well, if the 60GB is the 7200 RPM you can't really get any faster without getting a WD Raptor or something, which would require both the very expensive drive and probably a SATA motherboard upgrade or card.

Basically, just get windows on the fastest drive, I guess.

I suggest you get an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ and overclock that to 3200+ or higher. You should be able to hit 2.4 GHz easily.

marillius318 getting new hardware such as a faster hard drive won't help you download any faster. If you want faster internet talk to your internet provider and upgrage your connection. if you're using dialup 56k, than getting cable internet will speed your downloading a lot.

please forgive my ignorance...but that would require me to change the mother board to AMD athlon 2500....is that right?..and would it be safe to assume that the rest of my hardware will be compatible?

i have high speed internet...100mps...i believe its mps....

thanks again to all your replies....i have MUCH to learn!

most people complaining of a slow computer, they usually don't enough ram in their system. upgrade your ram

i have 512 ram.....

so changing my hardrive...to the 200 7200rpm would make my system faster...

and changing my motherboard to a 2500....

would anyone have the approximate cost for a 2500 motherboard by any chance....? any particular place to order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom