Really Screwed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavlyk

Banned
Afther the internet went down, I decided to reinstall windows someow. I reboot, pop in the xp pro cd and frmat the disc, it restarts and keeps on asking me to repeat the procedure over and over and over again. I used the Partition Magic cd boot disc and had a look at what's going on. Well this is what it said: "Error 110 " or something similar. Anyways my main 160 gb hd didn't show or any of the partition. When I went to properties the status or the label was "BAD"....:( :confused: ....I called compaq to send me out the recovery cds which will create the recovery partition and hopefully fix the problem. I need to know if the hard drive is messed up mentally or physically. Any help is appreciated. I am borec out of my mind, it's been 4 days without the pc already. The recovery cds will arrive Wednesday and I will pray that they will work.

It gives me the error when I use the Partition Magic boot cd. This cd has Partition Magic which can be booted with the pc and has various utilities. I cannot format through DOS! I can't format using the Xpcd and any other way I know! When I tried to format in dos, it said C: was abad command. This represented the main drive:( . What the hell is going on guys? Help me!

Try deletin the partition from the recovery console (from XP disc) using the "DISKPART" command

delete it, then create a new partition and install XP

You don't understand there is no partition! There is nothing to delete! That's the probelm!

OK Now it sounds like a software issue if the actual hard drives were damaged then you wouldnt be able to boot up.

So now run a scan disk from windows xp disk and this should either resolve the problem or tell you what the problem is. It should recover most bad secotors

If this dont work add me on msn and i will tell u what to do.

If you have a windows 98/MS DOS disc you could start the computer with cdrom support and run fdisk after boot. From there you should be able to see the partitions available and delete/resize/create partitions.

If you still cannot create a partition, there must be a failure with your hard drive. Maxtor, IBM and other manufacturers have some diagnostics utilities which perform tests and also you can perform a low level format. Try to ask if there is such a utility on the manufacturer website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom