what brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i assume when they say that it supports 3.2ghz+ processors, it means that the 3.2ghz procs were new when the board came out and not many boards could support them, so even though it can handle the lower ghz 478 proc, it can now handle the newer, faster procs. but then again, i don't really know, the only thing i do know, is that my 3.2ghz P4 works with it. :)

could i get more info n comparisons on both d vid cards pls. thanks a lot. coz i need to know more abt them n which 1 is better n why. those who have experienced using them pls pls pls tell me the pros n cons.

ok, a new question. pls answer to this. the newer boards have 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16 and 3 PCI slots. PCI slots will b used for the normal things. PCI-E x16 slot will b used for vid cards. then what will PCI-E x1 slots b used for? give me some examples. i'm quite confused now. i hope this isn't a stupid question......

derfist said:
oh ok. thanks 4 the info. coz i was wondering if u can use a AGP 8x vid card in the newer boards. cleared my doubt now. by the way, the Asus P4P800 Deluxe supports 3.2 GHz+ Pentium CPUs. does this mean that it can support up to 3.2 GHz. so can it support a 3.0 GHz CPU? thanks again.....
Don't wanna annoy anybody by answering the same post twice, but supports 3.2GHz+ means that it supports all P4 up to 3.2GHz, which would have been the fastest available then. The + means that new, faster, processors will work as long as their FSB isn't faster. Since P4s fastest FSB hasn't changed, for the time being all P4s, new or old will be ok.

So, yeah, your 3Ghz will be sorted- just make sure it's the right kind of socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom