Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisticStorm

In Runtime
Once again I'm looking at computers. This time laptops. I was at radioshack and they have a compaq that I think is pretty nice. I applied for a card there, and got it so getting the computer would be no problem. I'm just wondering if you guys have any suggestions on the brand or location of where I should buy a laptop. Any suggestions would be helpful, except the one where I build my own. :) Thanx.

ok,..first of all i'd like to ask you a couple of questions.

how much is you budget?

use and purpose of laptop?

features you want?

one site I love for reviews is www.cnet.com,
you can view reviews made by other people visting the site, plus they rate products on quality, and value....

take a look,

Thanx for the help. I mainly want it for internet use, and using excel, word, powerpoint, etc. on it. A DVD player would be nice, but not neccessary.

MisticStorm said:
Thanx for the help. I mainly want it for internet use, and using excel, word, powerpoint, etc. on it. A DVD player would be nice, but not neccessary.

Man, if thats all you need it for then you can pretty much go as cheap as they come and be satisfied. As long as no gaming is involved or if you dont mind sluggish performance on almost any game, get some cheap laptop from compaq (I saw one for $799 direct) and be happy.

Don't know how helpful this is, but I just bought a Compaq Presario PC about a month ago and it's been great so far. I don't know if that says anything about their laptops though.

compaq presario laptops are good. my mom has been using hers for almost 6 yrs now without having any prob

I went to a computer store yesterday and talked to the guy that owns it. It's a very small business. He builds and sells computers. He can get Toshiba laptops that were leased by cmpanies and then were refurbished. He sells them for about $500-$600. Does anyone use these type of computers and would they be worth buying.

*Another main thing the laptop I buy must be able to be networked to my PC I have now that has Windows ME. Does that change the brand or specs on what I should be looking at? Thanx once again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom