Bought a Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is dell less expensive than newegg? That's the most rediculous statement I've ever heard. Dell adds at least 25-30% to all their compenents.

Gecko your absolutely rite. I dont know why some people stand by Dell. Like i stated earler in this thread, all computer components install the same way, rather im builting it or Dell, Sony.

Desides the fact that they have contracts with hardware companys and get everything dirt cheap, they still sell it for alot more.

Dell has very bad support BTW but in the same aspect they stink i would have built a AMD 64 system :D like i did i got rid of dell and got the parts for a new build

Dell... well, they seem kinda cheap until you add any options. On one I swear they wanted an extra £100 for another 80GB and then they wanted you to get a SATA cable for £20. Not to mention they ask for £11.75 if you want a USB lead for your printer.

On the bright side, they're supposed to be happy to replace anything under warranty (so if you type with a pair of hammers- awesome). But my God, the prices for a decent spec:(

I had a Compaq laptop until recently, the mobo failed just out of warranty and then the screen wiring loom caught fire. Words totally fail me at how annoyed at this sh*t I am.

jim_77 said:
I had a Compaq laptop until recently, the mobo failed just out of warranty and then the screen wiring loom caught fire. Words totally fail me at how annoyed at this sh*t I am.

Do you remember what model that was? I want to see if my mom's laptop (also Compaq) has any potential problems. It is a bit past warranty and running fine, but i would hate to miss a sign of it going bad and just watch it die one day.

Mine was a Presario 1525EA- all the Presario 1500(Intel) and Evo 1000(AMD) series are similar, I found out by downloading the service manual in a vain attempt to start repairing it.

jim_77 said:
Mine was a Presario 1525EA- all the Presario 1500(Intel) and Evo 1000(AMD) series are similar, I found out by downloading the service manual in a vain attempt to start repairing it.

ah ok. my moms is a 2100 i believe. Has a mobile 2400+ in it, great lil' laptop lol.

do you think they will ever make a way to build your own laptop as easily as a desktop?

oh man i hope so. that would be the biggest thing EVER! but also quite expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom