Noisy WD HD in my Dell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discusman

In Runtime
During the night, my Dell P4 2.6GHz is not quiet as my P II 400MHz old pc.

In the Dell, I have two WD HDs (120GB, 80GB). Both HDs are pretty new and working properly.

I have ordered another Dell P4 3.0GHz as my server, so I'm afraid it would produce the same noise as my old Dell.

Is there any way I can fix this? Because the server will be running 24/7. I need a very quiet enviroment to get a good sleep. So the Dell pc might create some problems for me during the night.

you could sound proof the case but that would probably be a good deal of work to do it good.

Things like rubber mounts, some HD enclosures, things like that can help cut the noise down, but for the most part that Dell should run fairly quiet anyway.

Doubt you'd hear the HD's in the new one. Probably hear the CPU Fan most predominately

are you sure it's HD noise? if the pc is not doing any activities the hdd should not really be making any noise... maybe its your fans?

You guys probably right. What can I do if it is the noise of the fan?

Change of the case would solve this problem? What type of case should I get? How much is it?

How can I change the case? Everything is connected, attached to the case for Dell. Don't you guys realize that?

So it sounds like a big task to relocate all the hardware from the old Dell case to the new one.:(

Do you have the option of buying differened HDDs? Seagates are known to be silent (Thats why I bought Seagate).

The case will help allot but i think u can make the fan speeds slow down a bit to make the noise lower. Well getting a new case isnt much depends what your getting but then buying a case that really seals in the noise might cost u some money,check out newegg.com:)
And for changing cases just unscrew everything and disconnect all the wires and replace everything into the new case little by little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom