How to make computer quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a case that is under $60, and keeps the computer running quiet.

I'm making my computer after Christmas. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I have a PC-V1000, the fans that come with it are pretty quiet but not completely silent, and they cool really well.

I replaced the fans in there with Thermaltake Thunderblade's (blue LED's) and I have them on low all the time (they come with speed controllers) so they are quieter that way, and still push a descent amount of air. they also look better with the blue lights.

the case is very good for cooling, and quiet too, but is very expensive so I might suggest something else if you don't want to spend that much on a case.

you should start with the fans; Thermaltake, Arctic Cooling, and Cooler Master make good and mostly silent fans which push a descent amount of air

sometimes your case has grills in front of the fans which impede airflow and also create more noise with teh air trying to get through, so you may want to cut these grills out and file them down; if you're worried about exposing the fans, there are other fan grills ytou can get which if anything only makes about 3% difference in airflow
http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod5.htm]these kind of fan grills are the ones that I use

then maybe you'll want to get rubber washers and put then between the drives and screws to reduce vibrations (which cause noise) - I made some myself using some thin rubber and a multi size hole punch, but you can get some from a lot of places, they don't cost much

then you might want to consider the coolers on your CPU and GPU; if they have a noisy fan, you might want to replace it; some coolers are quieter and cool better than stock, but you may not want to spend too much. if you have a lot of money to burn, on the other hand, watercooling is very often silent, and usually cools much better than air.

TheMajor said:
A hammer will make it damn quiet! :D
Dude, that's so wrong. It'll be really noisy whilst you're carrying out the "quietening".

Anyone thought about dumping their computer in a nice, insulating, oil bath? You wouldn't be able to use an immersed optical drive, but the oil would cool and damp noise nicely.

However, in the real world, I hear Panaflo fans are quiet.

Could any one recommend some cases please. I am building a new computer and I'm still not set on one case.

I need a case that is quiet and does not have a flap in the front (to open the drives). Under $80-100.
Thank you.

Thank you very much for looking for me. I appreciate it, but could you find me cases with power supply and everything.

I can't find any other 2×120mm cases which do not come with a drive bay door. You can get ones with 80mm fans (usually 2 - 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom