6600GT or 6800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorruptAssassin

Baseband Member
Hey all,

I need a bit of advice. Im upgrading my Ti4200, but am stuck between two cards. I dont want to spend a huge wad of cash, so thats why im leading towards the suprising package of the 6600GT for now. My 2 options include:

(1) Albatron 6600GT for $340
(2) Albatron 6800 for $500
*Prices in AUS$

So, is it worth an extra 160 or so to grab the 6800? Or will the 6600GT offer just about as much performace? I want this thing to be sort of future proof, so any advice is appreciated!

Cheers

Those are outrageous prices for that stuff, almost insane. Well I would say go for the money saver myself.

its high price, as the Aussie dollar sucks ;) ~340 is good for a 6600GT... Not too sure of the conversion, maybe around 70 cents to the US dollar

Yeah, im leaning towards the 6600GT, as it almost provided as much performance as the 6800. All im hoping is that this thing can last for about a year or two (about the same as my Ti4200). If not, maybe the 6800 is the way to go??

However, I like your idea for spending the extra money on RAM.. I only have 512, another stick of it will be nice :D

The 6600 GT should do you fine for a year or two, but personally I think parts should be usable on games for a longer period of time, which is why I am leaning towards the 6800 GT or it's counterpart the X800 Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom