Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raztazmasta

Baseband Member
My computer for some reason had been acting very slow and i have not been able to change the appearance of windows without it freezing and i have not been able to shut it down without unplugging the chord please help

raztazmasta,

Can you get into the safe mode? If so , can you check if there is any unusual increase in drive space in any of your drives

Try to scan your comp with nortan,McaFee,ad-aware, and some other good software for viruses,trojans,adware,spyware, and some other junks that would make your comp slow. U could try to defrag the comp or disk cleanup to free up some space and make it allot faster. If any of thoughs dont work then just reformat your comp to make everything back to normal. Hope my opinions will help u :)

disable everything on startup and see what happens. If still the same thing, go back into startup and see if anything started itself up again.

yea alright heres the whole story....i went to window market place and downloaded this beach theme thing i dont even know why.....well anyways after i went to change it back to the normal Xp look....it started freezing up so i restarted my computer now it freezes everytime i go to change it....now i cant even shut it down without pulling the plug..... i have defraged and ran adaware

do a google for xp tweak, there are many of them. They do things from allowing you to change the log on and win splash screen to desktop themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom