First Time Builder, Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

uNsaiN

In Runtime
Okay, I just got my new pc and have everything in the case and connected, how I think it should be connected. I don't want to turn the PC on until I KNOW everything is right, so I was wondering if you guys could verify everything I have done.
NOTE: Sorry if I don't use correct terminology.

I have my power switch, reset switch, and internal speaker connected right. The HDD LED and Power LED, I'm not sure about because polarity matters for those, so I will just do trial and error. I haven't connected the Front panel USB ports to the motherboard yet because I don't know how, and I also won't be using themthe first time I turn it on.

I have my ATX 20-Pin Power Connector connected to the motherboard. I have my ATX 12V Power Connector connected to the motherboard also.

I have my 160GB ATA133 HDD set to master and have the black 40-pin connector plugged in to that, on the primary IDE. I have the CD Burner set to slave and have the grey 40-pin connector plugged into that, aslo on the primary IDE. I have the floppy drive cable connected to the floppy drive.

I have the heatsink fan power wire going to the CFAN port labeled on the motherboard.

I have 4-pin power connectors going from the PSU, to the HDD, the FDD, CD-ROM, the video card (6800), and 2 case fans. One thing about the case fans though, they have two connectors for each fan. One connector is a 4-pin power male version and the other is female. I plugged the 4-pin power connector from the PSU into one of those and was wondering what the other one was for.

Thanks for any help you provide.

You could always turn it on :)

The only thing that could mess up is the CPU and you stated that you plugged in the fan so It wont mess up.......

Why is the cd drive slave?

I only have one IDE cable, for now, and the Hard Drive is set to master. Also, I bought a retail AMD Athlon 64 3500 and there was a silver greyish pad on the bottom of the Heat Sink, so I'm hoping that was the thermal pad.

I believe the slave/master only pertain to HDs and well it doesnot matter for cd drives...just start it up and post how it goes :D

Ok. I am going to power it up after one last final check. Does it matter if my computer lays on its side, or should I stand it up?

I know. I don't want to have spent $1,700 on something I mess up. Okay, going to turn it on. Will be back in a few to tell how it went.

Okay I turned it on. It works! w00t!!!
It starts flashing a screen about my Ethernet Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom