How to make computer quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, would this case be quiet?

RAIDMAX Mustang Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with 420W Power Supply, Model "ATX-889WBP" -RETAIL

- Specifications -

Case Type: ATX Mid Tower
Color: Black
Material: 0.8mm SECC Steel
Drive Bays: 5.25" x 4/0, 3.5" x 2/4 (external/internal)
Expansion Slots: 7
Front Ports: 2 x USB2.0
Power Supply: 420Watts
Cooling System: 2 x 80mm rear fan, 1 x 80mm side color LED fan
Motherboard Compatibility: Standard ATX
Dimensions: 18.4"x 8.2" x 17.15"
Features: Blue Lighting temperature display
$51.99

Is it a good case for the price, or should I look for something different?

damn, that thing rides on chrome wheels......sweet. as long as your fans are not too loud and your case is well sealed your noise level can be near whisper quiet, but you don't have to spend anywhere near 200 dollars for a good case.

persianxballer said:
So, would this case be quiet?

RAIDMAX Mustang Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with 420W Power Supply, Model "ATX-889WBP" -RETAIL

- Specifications -

Case Type: ATX Mid Tower
Color: Black
Material: 0.8mm SECC Steel
Drive Bays: 5.25" x 4/0, 3.5" x 2/4 (external/internal)
Expansion Slots: 7
Front Ports: 2 x USB2.0
Power Supply: 420Watts
Cooling System: 2 x 80mm rear fan, 1 x 80mm side color LED fan
Motherboard Compatibility: Standard ATX
Dimensions: 18.4"x 8.2" x 17.15"
Features: Blue Lighting temperature display
$51.99

Is it a good case for the price, or should I look for something different?

I have the cobra version of that case and it is fairly loud... Mine has the same chassis but a different front and side panel. I suggest you look for a case that has a 120mm intake fan and a 120mm exhaust fan. That will be the most quiet fan setup while still keeping you pc cool.

Keep your case fans under 30-35 dba and they should be virtually silent. I have a 21 dba 80mm case fan and I cannot hear it at all unless I put my ear RIGHT up next to it (I don't advise).

The noise will probably kick in more with the hard drive ((10k rpms are louder than say 7200, though faster) I bought a 7200RPM Seagate because Seagates are known for being quiet), the Power Supply (buy one with "Silent" in the title), and most of all the CPU fan. For example the Thermaltake Volcanos and Venus 12 are good Overclock fans, but sound like you've got a jet engine running your computer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom