Just some food for thought....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisman88990

In Runtime
Hmm well if i can play The first Half-Life in Open GL with my current setup, and have it run smoothly. Shouldent i be able to play this new Sims2 Game ???

AMD Athlon 950Mhz w/ Performance Enhancing cache memory*.
192 MB of Ram
16 MB Nvidia TNT-2 w/ Vanta Graphics Accelerator
20GB HD

you really need a better vid card...REALLY

16mb is like stone age

my intel extreme sux BAD (well, for you it'd be good comparing it to 16mb, but to today's standards it sux) and its 64 mb

a 64 mb vid card is cheap, you should be able to get one

most likely ur computer is PCI, right?

you need a new computer really bad, but i understand that they cost alota $$ so, u mostly need of all, a new video card, but i'm not a computer nerd and stuff so i am not sure what kind your motherboard supports

what is your computer name? (ex. dell dimension 4500s)

PS. are you SURE it's 16mb??!

yeah i know its ancient, and its PC133. Im deffinatly gunna upgrade sometime, but i was just wondering if im gunna be able to play SIms2 on Christmas ? Like i said if i could play Half-life with open GL and have it run smoothly, even with my shitty video card. You would think i could play this new sims2 game ?

Oh and its a Gateway select 950 PC, the only upgrade i have done is 128 MB of ram like 3 years ago. because the 64 it came with was not gunna cut it!! lol and a CD-RW, thats basically it for upgrades.

eh, i doubt it w/ 16mb of vid card.... :/

do you have sims 2? well if its open might as well try but if it isnt dont open it yet

what kind of vid cards does ur PC support? (it has to be PCI or something worse, but i dunno what is worse than PCI)

The sims 2 is a lot more demanding game in terms of graphics and gameplay.

System Requirements:
Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000 Operating System; 800 MHz processor; 256 MB RAM; At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space; A T&L-capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM

Lets see you don't have enought RAM, and you don'
t have enough video ram.

Half Life Requirements:
System Requirements:
Windows 95/98 or NT: Pentium 166+, 32MB RAM, 3D Accelerator card (Open GL or Direct 3D), 2x CD-ROM, Mouse and Keyboard, 640x480 SVGA high color display, WIndows compatible sound device.

So you can see the huge differences between the games.

yeah :/, well i think this is what im gunan do. I will try the game on christmas, if it doesent work, ( wich will probably happen) i will get 256MB of ram, and a T&L supported video card with like 128 MB of video ram. And if it still does not want to work, then i will just sell the game to one of my freinds. Its not like more ram and a better video card wont hurt. Id get a new comp, but that just isent in the budget...

well get a new agp card, 64mb would work for sims 2 but 64 still sux, so its not really an upgrade, but for u it is :)

how much $$ u have to spend ?

EDIT :

well 128ram vid card is pretty good for sims 2, so u'd be OK w/ that,

and w/ the 256 ram stick, you can add that to your comp which should give u around 500ram. (dont take our ur old one)

that is, if u have 2 slots for RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom